If there's anything that you want me to advertise, please send me a note!
- Artisan Crafts XIX is out! This week `UnicornReality included a discussion about plagiarism is amigurumi, please check it out.
- The winner of the July AC Challenge has been announced! Go see the beautiful entries and congratulate the winner
- The new installment of News and Weedly Gallery Highlights by %ArtisanCraft has been published.
- The new edition of Pimps and Whoas by $Moonbeam13 is a great hub for events going on in deviantART.
- %Anime-Art-Swap has opened applications! Make and receive art from kind strangers. You can find all the information here.
- ~kimchikawaii found a site with lots of stolen art from several artists in deviantART, mainly "kawaii" and chibi art. If you're worried that they may have taken your work go here.
- I'm looking to feature the most under-recognized crafts, if there's one that you feel is not getting enough love let me know! This week I'm looking for stone work and regular food, not fancy decorated desserts (specially if they include recipe) they are art too!
Artisan Craft related contests
- `UnicornReality is having a Toy Challenge! Draw her an idea for a toy and she'll make her favorite and send it to you! The deadline is October 22nd.
- %semi-sweeties is having their "Movie Contest", make any kind of food inspired by movies out of clay! The deadline is October 1st.
- %Still-Life-Stills is introducing their "Monthly Recipe Challenge", they will give you a recipe to try and take beautiful photos!
- ~CreativeClay is having their "Fruit Desserts Contest" make any dessert that contains fruits out of clay! The deadline is October 6th.
- #Simply-Plush is having their "Celebrating the Uncelebrated Contest" pick one lesser known holiday and make something for it! The deadline is September 30th.
- #Knitting-and-Crochet is having their "Amigurumi Contest" the title is pretty self explanatory The deadline is September 30th.
- #stitchingpirates is having their "Eight Color Contest" use at least five colors to make a cross stitch work. The deadline is October 31th.
Here's some of the things I've found in the Artisan Crafts Gallery lately that caught my attention or that were suggested to me. Please anything you like and let this artists know how awesome they are! This week I'm trying a different way to feature things, let me know if you prefer this or my previous method. Also this week was FULL of awesome submissions, so I featured a few things more XD
Thumbtable code by `thespook