Right now we have 5 sub-galleries without further division:
"Desserts that encompass cake, candy, pie, pastries, fruit, pudding, ice cream, cookies, or any other food served as the final course of a meal."
"Featuring edible food that fits no other sub-category such as ice sculptures, beverages, bread, side dishes, appetizers/canapés/hors d'oeuvres, etc"
"Main dishes include anything served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as the main course of the meal."
"Photographs of personally carved or decorated pumpkins."
For something as wide and varied as food many people agreed that they're insufficient, and a lot of things end up being mis-categorized or going to miscellaneous. Of course we want to read the community's concerns and ideas on this issue, so don't hesitate to give your opinion they are all going to be considered.
Some changes that have already been suggested and we're asking for more feedback:
- Re-structuring all the galleries, but how? All suggestions are very welcome!
- Change the Pumpkin Carving gallery to "Seasonal" gallery, to include other seasonal foods like Easter Eggs, Gingerbread Houses, etc OR change it to the "Carving" gallery to include carved fruits, carved ice, etc.
- Changing the name of the "Main Dishes" gallery to include salads, soups, etc.
- Sub-galleries for desserts. Although, are there enough submissions to justify further division? We already received a suggestion for "Candies and Chocolate", what else?
- A gallery for drinks and another one for bento.
Those are just a few ideas, if you have anything to say speak up now, this is your moment to be heard we will read and consider all comments, be sure of that
Also, don't forget that Community Week at #projecteducate is starting soon! I really wish I could participate, the past two times were so much fun... but well in case anyone wants to join you can find info here just send them a note with your idea!