I haven't met a single miniaturist in deviantART that hasn't made the same question at least once: Where do I submit my work?
Whether you make dolls, furniture, clothes, props, food, scenery, buildings, trains, wargaming miniatures, models, dollhouses or many other miniatures I'm surely forgetting, at some point or another there's no appropiate gallery to submit our work. Artisan Crafts / Ceramics, Pottery & Clay / Miniatures
is only appropriate if you use clay, and the next best option, Traditional Art / Sculpture
doesn't make the cut most times.
As renowned artist Snowfern
so eloquently stated
: "as I'm moving on to different mediums, I really do wish dA had some scale dollhouse miniature section right now, I can only post my mini clay work under clay -> miniatures, so everything else is quite random, like my 1:12 books are under....bookmaking??"
I'm sure we've all felt like this at some point, and our art is scattered in odd galleries that have little to do with the submission. That's why I'm inviting you to SPEAK UP now. I recently noted one of our new CV with this issue, and she asked me to gather community feedback so she can bring it up to her superiors, and hopefully, make it happen Let's make it happen!
I would like to offer this space as a forum so we can all discuss this topic. I'm going to read each comment and send everything back to FrockTarts
, she will then do her CV magic and speak for us with the Great Llama Masters. If we all do a little bit, hopefully we will soon celebrate the opening of our very own miniatures gallery!Disclaimer: This is not an official community project
, this is something I'm trying to do on my own to get enough info to convince them and show that there's enough support and interest. There's no guarantee the miniatures gallery will be created, that's up the the DA team to decide, but that won't stop me from doing my very best.
Note: Please leave a comment so everything is one place, please don't send notes. In the report I'll send a link to this discussion, so it's best if everything is public. I'm going to wait a week or two so everyone has a chance to write a comment, it doesn't have to be anything sophisticated... just speak your mind.
What you can do
You don't have to be a miniaturist to do any of these, everyone is welcome to join us in the discussion!
- Leave your opinion in a comment, tell us why do you think it's important to have a category for miniatures.
- If we do succeed and the Artisan Crafts / Miniatures gallery is created, which sub-galleries do you think are needed?
- If you have a group dedicated to anything related to miniatures, please help us by promoting this petition among your members. And if you're part of a group, ask them to promote it for us.
- If you know anyone that makes miniatures, please send them a link to this petition so they can give us their feedback. We want to get everyone's opinion.
- this entry so it becomes more popular and it receives more attention! We need all the attention and comments we can get.
LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN
Thank you so much to everyone, I'm convinced this is a need for a growing community and it will raise awareness for our art. Even though our work is tiny, let's make our voice be heard.
Just a small sample of all the talent there's around here.
Everything will be all right in the end. If it's not all right, then it's not the end.