Yes, a contest! Remember I wrote yesterday about how amazing and fun nail art is? It's your time to try it, and to encourage you we're putting together a contest! Complete with pretty prizes and everything. Tell your friends!
Get your polish ready and try it! And guys, we're not forgetting about you I think there's nothing wrong with a guy painting his nails, but if you're not comfortable with the idea ask your girlfriend to let you do her manicure and she'll be thrilled! (I speak from experience). Or well, there's always falsies
- Entries must be made, photographed and submitted between May 3rd and 31st.
- The nail art can be performed on your own nails, someone else's nails or false nails, but it must be made by the submitting artist.
- There's no restriction on theme, materials or technique, as long as they comply with deviantART's submission policies. Whatever your inspiration tells you to do on a nail is valid.
- You must mention on the comment section that your entry was made for this contest.
- Your work must be submitted to the Traditional Art / Body Art / Cosmetic Application / Nail Art gallery and to the contest folder. You have to be a member of ArtHistoryProject to submit.
- Unlimited entries, but you can only win once.
The deadline for this project is May 31st, winners will be announced a few days after.
6 months subscription and 1000 points.
3 months subscription and 500 points.
1 month subscription and 300 points.
Prizes are courtesy of the communityrelations team and Moonbeam13.
The entries can be found here.
If you need some help getting started, here's some fun tutorials to try. Remember that it's all about practice, and luckily nail art can be practiced every few days